Westpac Banking Corporation (Westpac) was founded in 1817 and was the first bank established in Australia.
Westpac began trading on 8 April, 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales with a single office in Macquarie Place, Sydney. In 1982, with the merger of the Commercial Bank of Australia, it changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation. On 23 August 2002, Westpac was registered as a public company under the Australian Corporations Act (2001). In December 2008, Westpac merged with St.George Bank Limited.
- The Westpac Group has branches and controlled entities throughout Australia, New Zealand and the near Pacific region and maintains offices in key financial centres around the world including London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore
- As at 30 September 2010, The Westpac Group employed approximately 39,000 people in Australia, New Zealand and around the world, and had global assets of $618 billion
- Westpac is ranked in the top 5 listed companies by market capitalisation on the Australian Securities Exchange Limited (ASX). As at 30 September 2010, our market capitalisation was $69.5 billion
- For the financial year to 30 September, The Westpac Group's reported net profit after income tax was $6,346 million
- About 550,000 people and institutions in Australia and overseas are Westpac shareholders.
Other business divisions in the Group comprise:
- Pacific Banking, which provides banking services for retail and business customers throughout near South Pacific Island nations
- Product & Operations, which is responsible for consumer and business product development and operations
- Group Treasury, which is primarily focused on the management of the Group’s interest rate risk and funding requirements
- Technology, which is responsible for developing and maintaining reliable and flexible technology capabilities and technology strategies
- Core Support, which comprises those functions performed centrally, including finance, risk, legal and human resources
Monday 9.30am - 4.00pm
Tuesday 9.30am - 4.00pm
Wednesday 9.30am - 4.00pm
Thursday 9.30am - 4.00pm
Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm